Sunday, June 2, 2013

Home for Just a Few Weeks

Home.

Northeast Georgia.

Family.

Old friends.

Mountains.

 It has been a busy couple of weeks. I finished school at the University of Richmond and am home for a few weeks visiting family and friends before heading back up to Virginia!





 I got to spend some MUCH needed time with my parents. We went to our typical beach house down at Tybee Island for a week post-graduation, and spent the days swimming, walking up and down the beach, shell hunting, and people watching. Here are a few pictures from our stereotypical family beach photo shoot.


My Daddy and I. Between sci-fi talks, Intellectual Property discussions, plans for the future, and running as fast as humanly possible in the hot sand in order to not get our feet burned, we had a wonderful time walking on the beach!

My Mom and I. It is nearly impossible to capture a normal picture of us because we are unbelievably goofy 99.2347928374% of the time.

....and pretty impossible when you put us together reciting the marriage scene from The Princess Bride in perfect unison.

...but we finally got a semi-normal family photo (whatever 'normal' means).



 






This past week, I traveled to Hartsfield-Jackson to say good-bye to Cadman for a couple of months while he spends the summer as a JAG intern for the U.S. Army in Honolulu, Hawaii (life's rough, isn't it?). Words cannot express how unbelievably proud I am of his accomplishments and his endeavors! I already miss him terribly, but know that he is making a big difference.






Immediately after I said good-bye to Cadman, Dad and I ventured down to south Georgia to see my grandparents. Going to see them is always a joy and a tug at my heart strings, as my grandmother has Alzheimer's. She sometimes remembers me, but usually thinks I am my Dad most of the time. This time, we had the opportunity to play and sing hymnals together until midnight. While she first thought I was my mother and then did not recognize me at all for the rest of the time, we had a wonderful time playing piano and singing just like we used to. Below is a picture of my grandparents who are going on 63 years of marriage and they are still holding hands. 

 

Ms. Abigail Grace Edwards: 7lbs, 20.5" long!


 On Friday, I traveled to Asheville, NC to meet Rachael and Charlie's first child, Ms. Abigail Grace Edwards! I am so excited and still over the moon that I got to hold her when she was barely 6 hours old. She is the most perfect and the most beautiful baby I have ever seen in my entire life. Congratulations, Rachael and Charlie!












 I got to hold Ms. Abigail Grace for a couple of hours while Rachael and Charlie rested. She is so perfect and precious!!!


















 

Yesterday, I attended the Bridesmaid's Luncheon for my 'big sis,' Lauren Steedley about-to-be Mrs. Lewis Pulliam at the Swan Coach House in Atlanta, Georgia! I had a wonderful time with the other bridesmaids, Lauren, and her family. It had been far too long since I had seen her! I cannot until her wedding, and I am honored to get to stand beside her as she marries a such wonderful man!







It is so good to be home for a few short weeks. I have missed my family, old friends, and the familiarity of my small town that I grew up in. After traveling all over the state to see friends and family, I earned a stay-at-home, rainy, lazy Sunday to catch up on sleep, cook, and paint.  For you fellow traveling readers, here are a few pictures of good ol' Tallulah Falls, which is right outside my back door. There are 7+ waterfalls in the gorge with hiking trails and camping areas all around. Enjoy!

 

Photo Credit: http://www.lakerabunhotel.com

Photo Credit: http://www.afn.org/~kayakers/Tallulah.html

Photo Credit: http://www.tallulahfallsgeorgia.org/

My backyard after the storm this evening.

 

Always remember to make time for travels to visit home, family, and old friends. I miss home so much, and I am so glad I have the chance to stay a couple of weeks!



Sarah







No comments:

Post a Comment