Less than 10 minutes from work....Check!
Upper floor apartment....Check!
Panoramic view of DC from apartment...CHECK!
I am so excited to move in with my new roommate, Kristen! May my sunroom bedroom looking out to the Washington Monument, the National Cathedral, the Potomac, the Capital, and a bunch of monuments commence starting in September. Cannot wait!
|Courtesy of Meridian|
In other news, the Metro has been an interesting experience. Here are the things that I have learned in the past two weeks:
1. Do not stand up if you have any issue with motion sickness whatsoever.
2. Make an effort to sit at the front of the metro so you are not squished into a can of human sardines.
3. Stand next to someone wearing deodorant to avoid any persistent nausea, especially if you have to stand and get motion sick.
4. If a person starts staring at your purse, thus causing a nice young man to act as your husband, stand behind said kind person and back away...and keep backing away.
5. Always grab the newspaper on your way in to work.
6. Be prepared for an array of odd smells. The smells of the week are:
a. Moldy Taco Bell stuffed in gym socks.
b. BBQ and greasy Asian stir fry with the looming essence of a paper factory.
c. Cheap cologne, McDonald's french fries, and beer (hooray Friday night apartment hunting)
d. Old pizza in a sweat shop with a side of ketchup and mustard.
The list will grow, I'm sure, but I am certainly grateful for public transportation!
I am so excited for this new chapter in life and cannot wait to see what happens!